Friday, December 17, 2010

Christopher Radko, eat your heart out!

I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to post again until after Christmas, but it's become a bad habit!!
I couldn't resist sharing the ornaments that take pride of place on our tree....I get wistful every single year when I unwrap them. Our dd made all of these at school as gifts for us...my Mom didn't save any of our ornaments that we made (that I remember anyway)...maybe it was because we were a military family and moved so often that she "cleaned out" every time so we wouldn't accumlate so much? I don't know and unfortunately she's not here to ask...(
My dd feels such pride that we put these on the tree every year....they make our tree unique and special. That's why I love seeing other people's trees and hearing their stories about their "special" ornaments....isn't it fun?




4 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

TOO ADORABLE!!!
I can't wait to have Brooklyns school projects brought home to have hanging around.
I can't even begin to tell the story of my childhood and the holiday art, too painful.
Hopefully by the time Brooklyn goes to school they will still do homemade crafts, it seems to be a lost art.
Glad you posted it, warms the heart
AMy

Gail said...

Thanks Amy....I'm sure Brooklyn will be bringing home similiar "treasures" very soon!

Rhonda said...

So sweet, Gail, of course you had to share with us. I does warm the heart, as Amy said.

Merry Christmas again! Rhonda

Vicki said...

Hi, Gail, I do the same thing!! Most of the ornaments on my tree are old, old. Things my sons made in school or church. Ornaments I have bought over the year for my grandchildren. Ornament presents to me or my children. I love an old fashioned tree, don't you? So many memories there. Thank you for sharing your tree with us. I just ordered one of your angels from etsy. I saw the ones you made over at The Graphics Fairy and loved, loved them. If you should make another one like those with the pink ribbons and pink wings, etc., I would love to buy one of those, too. I am a pink girl all the way. I am glad to have met you and now I have you bookmarked. Merry Christmas! Vicki