Monday, September 15, 2014

A huge birthday and some exciting news........!!

Our baby turned 14 on Saturday.....huh? So hard to believe...seems like just the other day we were filled with excitement driving up to Portland to pick up our angel.
You see, we adopted her at birth and it was just the very best day of our lives!
We spent her 14th (sigh) birthday up at Mt. St. Helens and the day was sunny and perfect. She's a happy and blessed girl and so are we....after all we have each other....:).
The exciting news is that I'm considering opening a booth in a local antique mall that is now being run by someone special. Many Portland gals will recognize the name of Colby Cottage.
That's right, Kathy Colby now is in charge of a mall named Vintage Industry and it's fabulous!!! I think I may need to jump in there and get my feet wet, and my sister is encouraging me and if all goes well she'll be my partner in crime! Look out!
Stay tuned, hopefully I'll have an update soon, my sis is visiting tomorrow and we'll be paying a visit to the mall....fingers crossed!

6 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

Oh Gail how wonderful!!! What a special day for your family. Sending birthday wishes for that amazing gal! And as for the mall I say go for it!!
Amy

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Happy belated to your daughter! Sounds like a new path for you. I shop at Glory Days whenever I am in that neck of the woods and curious to see what direction Kathy will take it with Vintage Industry. Good luck!

Annette said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. Such a special age. Let us know about the Colby cottage mall. I would want to shop there and would love to have the address in case I ever get down there.

Recycled Rita said...

Good luck, that is so exciting! I have loved having my antique booth. Unfortunately we have to close ours down soon because my mom is needing more care and we are stretched too far.
Hey, can I ask a question about your etsy business? When you package your vintage books to ship, do you use a box or bubble mailer?
I sold my first book and want to do it right and know that you have been doing this for awhile!
Thanks! karen...

Kathy said...

Happy belated birthday to your sweet girl and congratulations on the antique mall. Where is it located??

Unknown said...

Hi Gail, and happy late Birthday to Sweet daughter! I lost your phone number and had to track you down here.:) Hoping you are still considering the space, please give me a call!