Sunday, April 18, 2010

Some recent fun finds and a small project....

Today my dh took dd to a baseball game so I've had my day to myself....first stop was the flea market. I only found two things, the faded and tattered shoe stretchers above and an old road map of Texas for my Dad.The shoe stretchers inspired me to gussy up a plain pair that I've had awhile with my favorite new fabric...the blue pair is one I've had for many years and they're handpainted (not by me! ) These are the only shoe stretchers I own, love them all.The round  basket was found at St. Vinnies and it has a real "Pottery Barn" vibe to it, and it's really big to store some magazines in my living room. The train case was found there as well and now lives in my dd's bedroom. One of my most unique recent finds was this old children's book at Goodwill...it has an old book cover on it that is just ancient, I didn't know they even made these textbook covers back then....
The inside of the book is filled with charming pictures and it's so fun to look at these old textbooks from the 40's.......boy have times changed!!
I've got all my windows open so I can smell my lilacs which are in full bloom, now it's back to cleaning my studio up....pictures of that will follow soon....have a great week friends!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the look of that book! Things really have changed... a lot! suzie x

Lori said...

great finds Gail!!! i LOVE those ruffles up shoe stretchers...they are so darn cute...i love how you added fabric to the other pair, what a grand idea!!!

melanie said...

oooohhhhh....aaaahhhhh...wonderful items...wish I had them...you are so lucky...even the worst flea market you find things!
wowza...

Jessica Rodarte said...

Lovely finds!

Fete et Fleur said...

Wonderful finds, you lucky!

Nancy

krys kirkpatrick said...

Oh for the love of treasures. I love old suitcases. I keep my makeup in one. That is a lot of makeup.

Queen Bee's Musings said...

GReat finds.. love them and the way you gussy the shop stretchers.