Saturday, April 14, 2012

My next big project......

Is it possible to fall in love with an inanimate object? I say yes if said object is a book...but not just any book.

Today was our library's big sale.....

My dd wanted to go with me to help....I welcomed it.

This book is too amazing for words, even though it's falling apart.
The black and white plates inside are beyond amazing...I thought of selling but then thought that first I will scan each and every amazing illustration in this book....and there are tons of them.

When that chore is finished I will sell off the originals from this amazing book, called Beeton's Dictionary of Natural History.
It's so amazing.

My hope is to make amazing tags from these scans to sell in my etsy shop.

One more amazing than the other. And I wouldn't do this if the book was in wonderful condition, but because it's not....it will be a great way of preserving these amazing plates.

My dd and I went back after our first round at this amazing sale...some of the books are listed already in my etsy shop, others will follow. I was in book heaven today!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

This was an extra special score - bravo!!

Andy's Attic said...

These images are well worth saving.
Just lovely!!
Are you coming up for Plucky??

Rhonda said...

Oh Momma, that is beautiful. Gail, your finds are amazing. To live where you live, would be a dream.

Tina said...

That book is just awesome Gail. the drawings inside is wonderful but the worn look on the outside is just perfect. Love it.