Sunday, July 27, 2014

As we get ready for our annual beach trip............

This is on my mind lately.......Balance. The importance of priorities and how they affect us and our everyday moods.
I find that this summer has been challenging in many ways. I have an online business that I love to nurture, but to do so every day can take away from my family (I know you can relate!)
So I'm in the process of forgiving myself for those things that I haven't focused on that I should be. It's crucial to do this! After all, none of us is perfect.
We leave for our annual beach vacation later today....it's much needed in many ways. I'm taking some great reads, a big puzzle, and not much else.
After all, vacation is a time to unwind, right?
I do hope to hear from you all as to your best ways to unwind and relax.....it seems to get harder and harder to do.
Please remember to take some time for yourself!!!

(image found here....www.someonelikeme.ca)

6 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

Have a great time at the beach Gail!

xo Danielle

Rhonda said...

Have a great time and enjoy the moments you will make. Have fun!!

Kathy said...

Oh, I totally agree and that "unplugging" is not always easy to do when we always think we need to do every little thing. Unplug and ENJOY!!!

Recycled Rita said...

I know what you mean!
I have off a few weeks every summer after summer school and I am just having a hard time allowing myself down time! I need it, the children I work with are darling and a handful at the same time. I just can't seem to unwind and enjoy, I feel like I should be working the whole time and have guilt from stopping to watch a movie or do something frivolous.
Go and have fun, rest and do your puzzles and enjoy! You deserve it! karen....

Annette said...

Hope you have a great time. Live in the moment, it is all you are guaranteed. That is a lesson I am trying hard to learn.

Diane Porazzo @ babiesbridesandlavender.etsy.com said...

Gail,
Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog post. I do know what you mean about having an online business and a family. I have my son and three grandchildren living with me so I have to juggle my time and it's very difficult. I do hope you enjoy your vacation. We all need the down time.
Warmest regards,
Diane
babiesbridesandlavender.com
babiesbridesandlavender.blogspot.com