Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My latest conundrum.....to keep or not to keep, that is the question.

I daresay that one of the hardest decisions for any collector is whether to keep or to sell...I run into this problem frequently.
I found this wonderful rustic box at my thrift and knew it could be spectacular and I adore it's size...not too big, not too small. I also love the chains on the side of the lid that help keep it open for display.....absolutely perfect. Also the leather corners and handle. Perfection!

Do you like my linen stash I found today? I was in heaven with these gorgeous pieces....again, keep or sell? Sigh, it's so hard to know.

Do you notice the wonderful little 'cubby' areas behind the big center area? So very perfect for storing so many things.


Found this astounding wallpaper on Etsy, wish I had 50 rolls of it! Hmmmm, wonder how many times I've said that in my life.

Well, happily at the moment we don't have room in our booth to display this awesome piece so I guess I'll have to live with it for awhile......such a sacrifice. Although I guess I could sell it on Etsy. What to do, what to do.

I painted the outside with a chalky blue paint and then distressed it......trust me it's better off than it was.....!
For now I love this great little trunk/box and will fill it with some of my favorite things.


5 comments:

Kathy said...

I would keep it until your eyes are filled up and then pass it along to someone else to make room for new. I have things like that around. They are just "visiting" me for a while!

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, I have a lot of those items that are just "visiting" me as well......:). But sometimes something just 'tugs' at you, you know? Still not sure what will happen with this piece but time will tell....thanks for your sage advice!

Rhonda said...

I say KEEP IT, it's has your name all over it. I mean, those cubbies are simply to die for in themselves.

Gail said...

Thanks Rhonda, I knew I could count on you! J'adore this box!!!!!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Well I guess you answered your own question - LOL! It is a spectacular trunk and I love it too.

xo Danielle