Saturday, October 25, 2014

Selling what you wish you.....hadn't.......!

Let's face it, if you've been in the business of buying and selling antiques for enough years you'll eventually run into this situation.

Selling an item that-after the fact-you wish you hadn't.
It's just a given that this will happen at some point.
Case in point for me is this fabulous antique butterfly sewing basket from the victorian era. Why I let this one go I'll never know......the fact remains that I did. Probably won't find another one of these beauties....lesson learned.

Lucky for me I was shopping and found a lovely "replacement" in this heart shaped beauty............!!!!!!

It had the perfect amount of shabby...actually quite a bit of "shabby".

Of course I've added many of my own items even though this came with a lot of it's own items....my favorite are the pretty reddish buttons on the card above in the upper left..so pretty!

So yes, this one is a keeper for me.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ooh I love it just as much as the one you sold. How unique and beautiful they are. Quite the find. I owe you an email and promise to type you tomorrow. Hope your weekend is going well.

Gail said...

Thanks Rhonda, it was quite the find on etsy! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kathy said...

Oh, I think I like the heart one even better! I can relate to what you are saying and just remind myself that passing something along makes room for something new!