Thursday, January 21, 2010

My new favorite old thing.........


So I fell completely and utterly in love with this old hat pincushion that I found on Etsy, from Kathyssewingroom, a lovely little shop with great old sewing notions...I love everything about it, the faded colors, the velvet flowers, the old tulle netting, the satiny fabric.
Almost swooned when I unwrapped it. It hangs right above my work table in my studio so I can gaze upon it each and every day...
Smitten I am......
What are you smitten with lately?

10 comments:

Lori said...

ooooh, that is gorgeous...you are lucky i didn't see it first:)

Patina said...

Ohhhh....it is a beauty. I love the color and those vintage flowers! FABULOUS!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Gail...I can see why you were smitten!! It's just lovely ~ I love so many things that are old and beautiful, I'd have a hard time telling you which is my fav!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Anonymous said...

ooh!! I love it! great find!
xo natalea

Secondhandrose said...

I can see why you scooped it up! So lovely. I am smitten with vintage candy boxes lately though I have yet to snatch one. Come for a visit. I am having a giveaway.

karen

melanie said...

wow...love the pictures...and the new look of your blog...really, really, wonderful!

Jennifer said...

WOW....I would be in love with that hat too! Love the little flowers on it! Enjoy!

Trishia said...

Lucky you! Tres belle:)

. said...

Sign me up !!! I'm smitten with YOUR hat....LOVELY !!!

the wild raspberry said...

it is so very pretty!