Friday, March 5, 2010

Some days it just all comes together in a happy way.....

So my best friend Melanie came down from Portland on Monday and Tuesday...we had our usual great time thrifting and antiquing. Once again she told me (about the 400th time I think) that I needed some kind of comfy seating in my studio. It's not for lack of looking, but more the lack of finding "just the right chair". I'm sure you know what I mean....not too expensive, not too 70's looking, not too big, not too small..do I sound like Goldilocks?
Let's just say I had a "vision" of what I want....and yesterday I found it at St. Vinnie's. They were having a furniture sale and all the chairs were lined up in rows......mine stood out like a flower among weeds. She is so very lovely, great shape and legs, tufted back, muted color, no off smell coming from her. I knew she'd clean up great. Oh, and did I mention she was $14.99????!!!!! HUH? Couldn't believe my luck.
I also found a fabulous Victorian photo album ($3.75) and and huge wallpaper book that I almost passed up because it isn't super old but the papers inside are gorgeous and look hand-painted.
They truly look vintage, if I didn't know they came out of this book I'd think they were old.....
Have you found any fab bargains lately?

5 comments:

Patina said...

Wow, not a fabulous bargain like that! You did so well! Love everything!

Secondhandrose said...

The chair is really special. I found a vintage pink bottle brush Christmas wreath at the auction today...does that count? Come for a visit.

karen

melanie said...

such a cute chair...wish I found it...

Jeanne Oliver said...

I went antiquing yesterday but pretty much came up empty handed. All I found was sooo expensive....and that takes the fun out of it. Great finds.

Lori said...

ohmy!!! what a steal you got on that chair...that price is unheard of...good for you!!!