Monday, August 30, 2010

"Book Cover Challenge".......

Amy, artist extraordinaire, from mittensathome.blogspot.com has issued a book cover challenge and here is my entry. Sorry my pics are all over the place and totally not in the order I uploaded them, but either Blogger doesn't like me, or I'm a dunce! 
The cover of this old book has such an appealing charm to me so of course I left it as is. I decided to make a little notebook out of it.
I added some vintage elements, such as glassine bags and little envelopes. Then I filled them with tags made from old Logomachy cards (not the originals but photocopies)
I covered the back with some tea stained fabric that I thought  echoed the flowers on the girls hat on the front cover.


Sweet little metal rimmed tag with a bird stamp on it, just for fun.
Inside the front cover I added a library pocket and a fabric stitched bookmark.
This is the front of the bookmark......
Many thanks to Amy for putting this challenge together, it was really lots of fun! I can't wait to check out some of your altered book covers!

10 comments:

A Treasured Past said...

Gorgeous!!!! Tamara x

Rhonda said...

Gail, it is so sweet and beautiful. Very vintage and victorian, I love it.

BTW - I used some of the beautiful ribbon you sent me in a little fabric book I made - I cut some for pockets, it turned out so nice.
Thanks again for that ribbon, will you be selling some of it soon in your shop?

Robin said...

Awww, your book cover is just adorable as is your entire book! That tea stained fabric is such a nice touch.

the old white house said...

I love it! Especially the pockets, what a great addition to the party! Thanks for sharing! Theresa

Vintage Market Place said...

Hi Gail, I am just now settling down from a very long day and diving into all the book covers posted so far.
Oh, girl you have really taken this challenge and run with it.
This book is so simple and girly from beginning to end. I love all of your touches the pockets! What girl doesn't like pockets????
It is just so dreamy.
Thank you for taking part in this fun project!!
Amy

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Gail ~ Your Book Is Beautiful....
Thanks for sharing & stop by if you get a chance~
Cheryl

Unknown said...

Gail,
I enjoyed your book cover. I love how you just left it alone like that (the front). Sometimes these old book covers don't need much at all.
Thanks for sharing.
ps; who doesn't love pockets.
Michele

melanie said...

I am your best friend...is this for me?
LOVE IT!

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Hey Gail ~ Me Again.... I Finished the rest of the Letters, just posted a completed photo ~ When I hang on the wall, it will all be in a row, but the dresser drawers were just so wide..... Cheryl

Jane said...

Hi Gail,
I'm sorry it took me so long to comment on your beautiful book cover art. Something was going on with blogger on my end and every time I tried to leave a comment I would get an error message.
I loved what you did with the book cover. I agree that the graphics on the cover were fabulous to being with so I love the idea of turning it into a little notebook. Love all the little details, especially the pocket details.
Jane