Friday, September 7, 2012

Light as a feather......a "featherweight" that is!

So two nights ago we were at home, it was about 7:00, and UPS came to our door with a package.....she's here!!!!!
Now mind you, I had asked my Aunt to send the machine to my dh's office in the event we weren't home. But it worked out fine.
Dh was on a conference call so he was busy, and my dd saw the man in brown come up to our house and I thought, "Hmmmm, that looks about the size that a featherweight might be."
My sweet Aunt sent it with the case, foot pedal, gobs of attachements and bobbins, oil can, motor grease, you name it, she sent it!

I must admit I was shocked at how small this machine is! And light.....a mere 9lbs. Want to move her.....? Just pick her up she's so light. Here's a photo where I tried to capture the difference between the size of my 99K and my featherweight.....

They're both smaller machines, but the FW is about  2" shorter and doesn't sit up on a base like the 99K has to.
I've not had a chance to use her yet but I can't wait.
My Aunt told me that she has stitched untold number of quilt squares on her. I can't wait to use her and I think tomorrow may be the perfect day because my dh is taking my dd up to a football game and I'll have the day to myself.
Here's hoping you all have a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh YEAH, it arrived! She is a beauty and you have a whole day to sew, lucky you!

Enjoy your day and enjoy your FW!!

Andy's Attic said...

Good for you!! Now you have multiple machines you switch between!

Kathy said...

Yay! What a happy set of circumstances for it to arrive just when you have some time to play. Have a fun day!!

Cottonridge said...

Congrats on your new baby!

I just scored one at an auction last night and am so excited! It's in beautiful condition with case, all attachments and instruction manuals! I never expected to win it and I did! Now, I'm supposed to re-sell it :( but I hope it's a while before anyone buys it.

Have fun with yours! ~ Glenda

Kadee Willow said...

I am so tickled for you! What fun to have two machines, each with their own purpose. And how I love the color of it and the graphics.... screams vintage and brings back memories of my aunt and grandmother's machines. Now I'm wondering where they are and will have to smile real sweetly to find out. Thanks for sharing!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Yay for you! She is a beauty Gail.

xo,
Danielle