Monday, January 3, 2011

Making chores pretty...linking up with Brag Monday at Graphics Fairy!

Just a quick little post today....I'm linking up to Brag Monday on the graphics fairy
Yesterday I worked on updating my laundry room (with dh's help). Feels so good to do this, finally.
One change that made a big impact was switching out some ugly containers with some pretty ones. I had this old bottle for quite some time and by using a pretty label from the graphics fairy was able to put something presentable on my new shelf! It just took a few minutes but I'd rather look at something pretty when I'm doing my laundry than...well, dirty laundry!
Be back soon with the complete makeover......

8 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

doesn't it make you want to go in there more now! Ha Ha Ha.

Since I have redone mine I really enjoy going in to smell the freshness and see my displays.
It just makes me happy to do laundry now.
I can't wait to see your completed look.
Your off to a fabulous start!!!
Amy

Rhonda said...

What a fabulous idea! I too, love that label from the Graphics Fairy.

We recently put cabinet doors on all the shelves above my washer and dryer, it looks so much better!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty label! Great idea. Can I ask how you got your Etsy shop on the bottom of your blog? Is it easy to do?
Visiting from Brag Monday.
Roselle

The Prudent Homemaker said...

How pretty! Now I need some pretty labels on my stain remover!

Faded Plains said...

Cute bottle! I bet prettying up your laundry room makes the chore easier.

PetraB said...

A really clever idea and it looks so pretty.

Robyn @ ItsRobyn.com said...

I agree that there's really no need to look at everyday things in their everyday containers. A pretty container always makes it nicer. Very nice blog. Robyn

Fete et Fleur said...

Dear Gail,

You are a darling! The beauty of your spirit is expressed in your words and through your beautiful blog.

I love the idea of using goregous containers for everday things. Funny that we both seem to be theming laundry! You've inspired me to spruce mine up. Thank you so much for your lovely words. You have made my day!

Hugs!
Nancy