Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Are you ever embarrassed.......

when purchasing certain items in a thrift store? I can honestly say that it doesn't happen to me very often.....but it did today.
I found this really heavy box that was someone's craft project.
Not exactly to my taste....but they sure did use a very heavy glue on this baby! I had to actually get out a crowbar to coax off the top "padded" stuff! I wish I had gotten a photo of it.
You can see a bit of it in this first photo. 

Boxes like this have a ton of potential for me! I took off everything on the outside of it.
I can't wait to sand it down and then cover it with some vintage wallpaper......stay tuned for my makeover. I've just finished a very large custom order for a customer so now I can create like crazy!
I may (or may not) put it in my Etsy shop. This one might just be a keeper!

7 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

oh Gail you are so funny.
i am sure I have purchase many a thing at a thrift that the cashier thought what the heck are you ever going to do with that...
Sometimes I miss thrifting :)
Can't wait to see your finished piece.
Amy

Rhonda said...

That is one busy box! I cannot wait to see your re-do, Gail. Work it, girl!

Robyn @ ItsRobyn.com said...

Yes, I've been embarrassed too. I bought these hideous horse bookends to redo for my etsy shop. I forgot I hadn't blogged about them. The before/after was amazing if I say so myself. Thanks for the inspiration. Robyn at Robyn's Nest

Robyn @ ItsRobyn.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose Garden Romantic said...

Yes! I have! Once I bought a long wood sign that said, "Eat, Drink, and Re-marry!" Of course I was so embarrassed that I made sure to tell the lady at the register that I was going to paint over it! I'm sure you will make that box look great! Can't wait to see!
Michelle

Kathy said...

Oh, trust me, I have been embarassed to stand in the checkout line more than once! I think the worst was a horrid lamp I bought because I wanted the bakelite switch on it. I am sure people were questioning how in the world someone could be so desperate for a lamp that they would buy that awful thing!

Gail said...

You ladies made me laugh!!!! Glad I'm not the only one who can be embarrassed in the thrift store!