Friday, October 5, 2012

How to capture this beauty in a photo?

This is an item I told you about in my last post that I found at the flea....for such an unbelievable price that I can't even share it here without feeling guilty! This mirror is HUGE....25 1/2 inches around huge! 


It's beveled and has the most beautiful etching design that is so very hard to capture with a camera. And the best part?
There were two of them that match! Both in perfect condition.
They have a thick piece of board on the back of them which my dh   is going to remove so that when we remodel our dd's bathroom these beauties can hang over her double sinks.....it will give her bathroom that perfect vintage feel that I love! I had every intention of selling these in my shop but to my surprise my dh really likes them as much as I do (well, maybe not quite as much as I do...) so we're keeping them! I wondered if they would fill the wall over her sinks but not to worry.....it's a perfect fit. Her wall is quite long but these mirrors....well, it's as if they were made for her room! Sconces on each side of them (vintage of course) and that wall will be done. And perfect!

While thrifting yesterday I found this beauty which is listed in my shop already.....am I crazy for selling it? I find lots of globes but never of this quality with a metal stand. This one is from the 1950's and so wonderful, I love the colors.

Also this gorgeous "little" dictionary....tiny in size but well over 1000 pages! Listed as well in my shop.
I do hope you all have a wonderful Autumn weekend!
As always, thanks for reading.....:).

3 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

You must post pictures of that bathroom when finished,
It sounds amazing!!!!!
Great finds Gail
Amy

Rhonda said...

You always have the best finds...truly the best!!

Hope your weekend is filled with fun!

Kadee Willow said...

Wow! You know how hard it is to find matching anything, let alone two mirrors of this quality! Great find! And I can envision them in your bathroom with the vintage sconces you mentioned! I love the old dictionary... I will have to go see it at your online shop! You just never know. It might end up at my house!!! LOL