Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I could never sell......

Do you have a collection that you would never think about selling?

I certainly do! This is a partial glimpse of some of my vintage candy boxes.....

I love them beyond all reason.......:)

As I look around my house, trying to decide what stays and what goes.....

I  have to admit that my eyes gloss right on over these sweet boxes....don't think I could ever entertain the thought of selling them.
See, I've been in a purging state for about 3 months now and my house is decidedly less cluttered.
This is a good thing, trust me on that!
However, when I see certain items, well, they just make my heart happy~
I know you know what I mean!
They'll always have a place in my home somewhere...
What makes your heart happy that you couldn't even imagine getting rid of?
Please share......:).

9 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

I know what you mean Gail.
There are just somethings you don't ever think you will let go of. But all things are material and would let them go in a minute if needed.
I hold dear things like my baby pillow and brush, well my Family of course...
I have had to let go of so much over the years and found that it is all replaceable if need be later in life.
Amy

Unknown said...

such a sweet collection. i can see why you can't bare to let them go! I have way too many things that i can't "let go if." it's a disease i tell you!

Gail said...

Amy,
Totally agree, obviously about Family! Guess I meant more the little (or big!) collections in our lives.....but you're so right. Once I sell something or let it go I just quit thinking about it! Out of sight.....out of mind......:)
Thanks, as always, for your comment!

Tina said...

Those boxes are awesome Gail. No wonder you can´t part with them. Wonderful collection.
xo Tina

A Treasured Past said...

Hi Gail, your boxes are so beautiful, I would not part with them either. Tam x

melanie said...

you know how we say when you die can I have them (as if we arent "going" together)...
so...if you go first, I get these, right?
LOVE THEM!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Your candy boxes are really special Gail and I can see why you love them so much. I am attached to so many things...and must pare down my collections soon as they have taken over our space! :)

*Maristella* said...

Wonderful!!! Questa collezione è davvero deliziosissima!!
Un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

Vicki said...

These are beautiful, Gail. I love them. I'm visiting from Amy's.