Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Spring-time project......

I'm not at all sure why I've become obsessed with ballet toe shoes lately. It could have something to do with my new Vintage by Nina book (although her shoes aren't embellished).
Isn't it pretty hanging in my lilac bush?
They're just such a pretty blank canvas to work with...and I have lots of laces and bits of fabric to use on them.

This one has some vintage velvet berries and leaves on it's toe.....

This will be listed this evening in my shop.
So cute to tuck a sachet into and hang in a special spot.


4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh Gail, ballet shoes is only one of my many obsessions. LOL

Beautifully decorated by you, these are precious.

Gail said...

Oh Rhonda,

You are so sweet, thanks so much! I'm glad others like them too.......! Thought maybe I was off on another of my tangents.............:).

Annette said...

Gail, these are really pretty. What a great idea and a perfect gift for a little girl's room or a ballerina. Charming!
Annette

Shari Replogle said...

I have seen these on your etsy shop Gail and they are gorgeous!
My daughter Reagan collects toe shoes too :). You have embellished them so beautifully.
~Shari