Friday, January 3, 2014

A beautiful french peasant doll~belle fille


She's a beauty with THE most incredible dress.
Doesn't the fabric remind you of the French General fabrics from Kaari Meng?

Of course she's very old, from the 20's or 30's.

I'd certainly love to know a bit about her, who her owner was, where she lived, etc.

But for now I'll just enjoy finding the perfect spot for her to grace in my home....check out the gorgeous trim on her dress. She reminds me so much of a doll that my late grandmother owned. She sat in her dining room on top of a hutch filled with china.
I always loved looking at that doll!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh My Gosh, i do not know how you manage to find the things you do. Good score!!

Gail said...

Thanks Kathy! I love her!

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a beauty and such a lovely find! Happy new year Gail.

xo Danielle