Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The biggest dictionary evah!!!!

I had to laugh out loud when I saw this "beast" at St. Vinnie's....I mean, come on people, could this be any BIGGER? It measures 5 inches from cover to cover, printed in 1946....hilarious, I had to have it.

pretty endpapers....
Then I hit Goodwill and saw this shiny brite box, I don't collect them or anything but because the bubble wrap was hiding what was inside...I had to take a peek.....
and found these adorable nursery rhyme ornaments! Aaackkkk!!! Have you ever?

I was also smitten with this little hanger, I'm sure you've all seen these before, but I just love the color of the little plastic clothespin hangers....
I think this will look great at Easter without the red cord, maybe a pastel seam binding ribbon?
So those were my meager finds for the day...not much but since I was going to the thrift store to drop things off I figured I may as well walk in and see what's going on.
Have you found any thrifty finds lately?

4 comments:

melanie said...

adorable ornaments...and the dictionary...bet there are a few words in there that I don't know...great finds!

Jamie said...

GAIL!!! You lucky duck! That dictionary IS the biggest one ever. And the clothes pins are so cute. How cute would the shiny brite ornaments be on a small pastel tree for a baby shower? REAL CUTE! LOL!! I need to get to Goodwill! Hope your day is wonderful! Love, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Those ornaments are so sweet - aren't you glad you peeked under the bubble wrap!
Merry Christmas ,
Sue

Lisa said...

love the ornaments!