Friday, January 8, 2010

"The Vintage Table"...........



Oh my goodness! Have you seen this book yet? I first saw it advertised in "Romantic Homes" magazine and all I can say is *Wow*!
It's full of beautiful dishes, linens, and ideas for setting a gorgeous and vintage table. Over the years I've collected some really pretty platters and miscellaneous dishes. I don't have much room for storage so I kind of have to reign myself in, but if I had a huge hutch of any sort I'd be a collecting fool I tell ya!
I get weak in the knees for old, chipped, crazed dishes......do you have any you'd like to show off?

6 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE the bird plate especially! Sounds like you need to find yourself a cool old hutch!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

I read about the release of this book..oh my! I must have it since I love, love the old tableware.

I've got a plate with that bird design but the plate is a bit different. I'll have to find it and compare...those are the sweetest birds, aren't they?

Have a great day,
Stephanie

melanie said...

ok...so is that a platter with birds on it? why is that not mine...birthday in March...

Trishia said...

Gail, I've always wanted to host a dinner where every setting was a different vintage pattern. But I was wondering....does the book address the issue of leading? I thought there were some kinds of warning in regard to eating off antique ware? Or, am I just being paranoid?!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Oh Wow!! I haven't see it yet. It looks like my kind of book! I love collecting vintage dishes- especially ones with roses and bluebirds!!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

no, I have not seen it yet, but I'll be looking for it!
xo natalea