Friday, June 25, 2010

A ~somewhat~ new and admittedly scary obsession....

So, many of you don't know that Halloween is my very favorite holiday to create for...hence my new doll...isn't he/she scary? I took one look and conjured up all kinds of scary Halloween type scenarios with this freaky looking doll (sorry Mel, I know you're very scared for me!) But just wait and see, you'll think she's cool when I'm done with her!The yellow vintage tutu, what can I say? Just super cute and another fantastic price, the sequins are incredible! The hat box was in the free pile at a garage sale, the lid needs some work, but ok, I have glue. I love to store goodies in these see-through hatboxes  and this one has purple lilacs all over it!
Lastly, one of my new kid leather doll bodies, can't seem to get enough of these either. Wonder what this doll used to look like? Hmmmm, I'll never know but I do love them, the old sawdust that is their stuffing is so cool, and the little old buttons that connect them at the hips....love it all!
I do hope you all get a chance to find some bargains this weekend!

6 comments:

melanie said...

oh dear God...the dolls...I will have nightmares sleeping in your studio...
on the other hand, I LOVE the hat box...and since I don't have ANY...hint hint...

Lori said...

Gail, you find the best stuff...i have been on the hunt for a little vintage tutu...i want one in cream or pink...i think they are SO sweet...i can't wait to see what you do with the dolly...she does have a cute face...but it looks like she has had a rough life...

donna joy said...

that doll is a great find! i love halloween too-so i "get" it!

krys kirkpatrick said...

Where do you find stuff like this? I never seem to run across amazing finds. Well, I guess you have to look.I am in the outward mode...meaning less right now. In an attempt to de clutter. Thank-you for the visit.

Anonymous said...

I actually think your blued eyed beauty was once a well loved possession to a little girl! Great finds, Marcia

The Tin Rabbit said...

Oooh, I love her! She a beauty!