Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I ~heart~ Fall.........

The weather today could not have been more perfect! Sunshine, no wind to speak of, and around 70 degrees? What? This is Oregon in November? OK, I can live with it...
This pumpkin was inspired after I read Elizabeth Maxon's blog and she showed a pumpkin that a friend had made for her. I love using my old ledger pages for decorative items around my home...it's a way of being able to preserve and enjoy them. So I took one of my faux pumpkins (black but the color doesn't matter) and then just used some mod podge to help me cover my pumpkin...the "leaves" are some old velvet millinery that I bought on Etsy a while ago.
This lamp needed some dressing up so I strung my felt garland around it's shade. World Market carries these felt leaves every Fall, last year I missed out on them...not this year. They're simple and pretty.
These are real leaves that are still left on my redbud tree in my courtyard..it's such a pretty tree. The leaves are heart-shaped and they turn these luscious colors every Fall.
Pretty, right? I hope you take some time to look around your home and make some simple changes to go with this gorgeous season. We're hosting Thanksgiving this year and I'm so looking forward to it...get to use my new brown transferware!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Gail, I love Elizabeth's blog, photos and shop! She is something else.

Lucky you having a wonderful fall. We are still in the 80 degree days and I am so wanting to wear my sweaters and scarves.

Have a wonderful end of the week!

Anne Lorys said...

Love those pumpkins, great job!