Friday, June 24, 2011

Loving the unusual and different.......

After dropping my dd off at her golf class yesterday I visited a Goodwill nearby.....on one of the endcaps I saw these four tiny creamy frames with what look like oil paintings on top of the glass..

and while I find the paintings somewhat interesting when I turned them over to check out the backs I couldn't believe the paper that was covering them!

It's really thin paper and at first I thought that the flowers were handpainted on the paper as well...but no, it's just some gorgeous old backing paper...

I'm going to doing something creative with these beauties by adding my own twist on them....

stay tuned......oh, and have a marvelous weekend! Get out there and find some treasures....tis the season!

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, I'd love to go out and find treasures like yours. These are beautiful, Gail.

You've inspired me to go tomorrow morning, it's too hot right now to venture out.

simmone said...

How beautiful!

ladychiara said...

They are just so beautiful. I love both sides!

A Treasured Past said...

They are so pretty both front and back. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Have a great weekend, Tam x

*Maristella* said...

Hi Gail...che meraviglia questi quadri e che dire degli altri post...favolosi!!! Un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

Claudia said...

Goodness, how beautiful!

xo
Claudia

kluless said...

I discovered your blog during Where Bloggers Create III and just got back to read some of your older posts. I live in Portland and wondering if these sweet little pictures were sold in the old Miller's Department Stores here in Portland. The last one I knew of closed around 1981. Great find!