Wednesday, March 14, 2012

All the king's horses and all the king's men.....

Couldn't put humpty together again.....
Have you ever broken a favorite piece of china? I've had this lovely sugar dish for a very long time...I fell in love with it's colors and the sweet victorian style baskets on it's corners.....over the holidays my dh dropped another dish on it and it broke into several pieces, which I kept of course! I kept looking at it but not dealing with it until last night when it hit me to just glue it together as best I could. I envisioned it filled with white buttons......and here is the result. Now it has a purpose again.
I've never seen another piece in this pattern (it's by Meakin).
Sure wish I had a whole set of this!
Hope you're week is smashing!


5 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

So sorry a favorite piece of your china has broke but it looks charming holding some favorite buttons and photo. I adore old china too and that pattern is breath takingly beautiful!

xo,
Danielle

Rhonda said...

At least you saved it, Gail. I cannot see the cracks at all. Let me look again...tee hee.

Looks beautiful again.

June said...

That is the pretties little sugar bowl ever Gail. I can't even see the damage : )

Andy's Attic said...

Such a beautiful pattern. I'm glad you put it back together and will still enjoy it for years to come. We all take little hits in life and put ourselves back together :>)

Vintage Market Place said...

aww so this sad story has a happy ending.
It looks amazing how you have it displayed.

You of course know my story of the broken doll that no one can every replace from my childhood so I completely understand your frustration.
Amy