Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My weird obsession.....

So I'm perusing etsy one night.....(strange I know)

Always looking for the old, the shabby, the decrepit...you know....the falling apart

And I spy with my little eye....THIS beauty! 

Covered inside and out with vintage wallpapers...stained and all.

And it's BIG, not like a regular cigar box size (which is what I was expecting).  This wasn't ever a cigar box, merely a wooden box that someone got crafty with...thank you whoever you are!

Yep, this one is "knock down whoever is in your way to get to it" cool! Luckily I didn't have to do that...thank you etsy!
Oh, and I won't even mention the price, since that's tacky, right?
I don't want you to cry....;).
Hope you're picking is good this week...be careful out there!

9 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

you and me both sitting up late at night hoping that etsy delivers dreams

Happy Shopping Gail

Amy

Kathy said...

Love love love that old wallpaper - wonderful!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

It's gorgeous! What a lovely find!!!
Michelle

simmone said...

Love the pattern,very pretty.

Andy's Attic said...

Great little find. Love the wall paper all the way around. Sweet box!!

Treasured Acorns said...

Gail, you always find the most amazing things. Now I know what to do with my insomnia! Cyndi

Blessed Serendipity said...

I would of snapped that beauty right up in a heart beat. Glad it found its way to you.

xo,
Danielle

toves sammensurium said...

what a find!!!!Just love it,the paper on it...the size even I haven't seen it *lol*
I guess this is love at first sight,like it was for you:)))
Another thing I love is the mageazine you're writing about further down.Oh la la..if only I could get y fingers on that.Could you possibly help me might I ask???I'll pay you by visa if you buy it and send it to me,or if you want I'll send you some wonderful norwegian magazines.Hope you don't think I'm rude to ask,but the pictures yo show just turned me on immedeately and I waaaaant t.Maybe I can order it on my own if you could take the time to look inside and find an adress where I can contact them?????Would so appreciate your help:))))
Tove;norway :))

Anonymous said...

A fabulous find for a fabulous gal - lucky you!