Monday, February 23, 2009

Inspired storage...........

A couple of weeks ago I went to a local estate sale that was advertised in the paper, sounded too good to miss. Now I'm not a big estate sale person, I don't know why, it's just not something I'm in the habit of doing, even though I thoroughly enjoy the "thrill of the hunt", and like most of you just love a great bargain. Anyway, this sale said it had tons of sewing items, patterns, notions, old books, fabric, etc. The rooms were very tiny and claustrophobic, but the room with the books was my favorite because I found these bins in there. They were filled with old 45 records and didn't have a price on them, so I asked the guy running the sale if I could buy them without the records, and he said, "Sure, they're not in very good shape (precisely why I loved them!), how about $2 each?" I said ok, wishing there were 10 more of them instead of just 3!

So home they came and got covered with old wallpaper. They're perfect for all my vintage images that I use which were multiplying daily and really getting out of hand!


Here's the old paper on the back of one of them, I just left this because it's so cool...
These hold a lot of stuff, and were such a fun project.
I also bought some vintage clothing patterns at this sale, the garage had about 10 6 ft. tables just covered with old patterns, this woman was obviously quite the seamstress.
So, what fun items have you found lately?

7 comments:

Lori said...

those look totally gorgeous!!! i love the wallpapers you used to pretty them up:)

Lisa Johnson said...

Hey, I recognize some of that wallpaper. Your little cases turned out so cute. Great project! I need to find more things to use up some of my wallpaper stash on.

Hugs,

Lisa

The Feathered Nest said...

Ohmygoodness...Gail, those boxes are beautiful!!! You did GOOD!! Don't you love it when you find something like those and they were a bargain too ~ xxoo, Dawn

Candy said...

Love what you did. It is also fun to be organized.
Candy

melanie said...

did I mention that my birthday is in March??? Just love these! they look fabulous!
melanie

Maison Douce said...

How cute are those...!!! You did an awesome job!!
Isabel

Rose Garden Romantic said...

That is very pretty storage!! They are gorgeous!! You did a fabulous job!!
Michelle