Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chocolates boxes to love....

Two of my favorite things are beautiful graphics and aged cardboard. Here are some pics of my very small chocolate box collection. I find them irresistible for two reasons, the beautiful graphics and craftsmanship, and the vintage aged cardboard they're made of. This Pangburn's box is a great example...look at the beautiful font in gold used on this box above, along with the satin chocolate brown ribbon...
open it up and the inside is just as beautiful with heavy gold foil embossed paper! This particular box even has several of the individual little candy wrappers inside..I was thrilled!
The back side (above) is almost as beautiful as the front...
The two boxes above are so gorgeous in person, the huge one on the right was found at Easter on the coast, and the other was purchased on ETSY...
Below you see my little box collection, I do hope to grow it soon!

9 comments:

melanie said...

so very very beautiful...just love them.
is there any chocolate left?
you are lucky to have these! I will watch for you...and try to help your collection grow...what are friends for???

Patina said...

What a fun collection! I've never seen those kind of boxes before.

Hope you find more to add to your collection.

Beth Leintz said...

I'm with you- I love those old boxes- the graphics, the fonts. I love the candy boxes.

Jamie said...

Those are beautiful!! I can't seem to pass up any type of box. I am addicted:) I loved your "unfortunate hands" comment about my manly lady! LOL!! So true! Hope you are havig a wonderful weekend! Love, Jamie

Lori said...

what a beautiful collection of boxes...the graphics are so pretty on them...i can surely see why you love them so...

Barbara Jean said...

Those are wonderful.
Off to see more!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Barbara Jean said...

You are in Eugne!! How fun.
We must meet!

Looking forward to it.

Barbara Jean

PS My little gift hosp is open Thurs-Sat 12-6. Come in sometime and visit. =0)

Barbara Jean said...

Love those old boxes!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Patina Soul said...

HI
Thanks for your comments on my blog PatinaSoul.
Setting up the Etsy store on your blog is really easy.
Go to Your Etsy...then down on the bottom left, click on Etsy Mini, then just follow the directions.
If you have any problems, email me and I can walk you through it.
Good luck!