Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Do you dream of vintage?

I do quite frequently....I'm strolling the aisles of some little antique store and come upon the nicest things...like the huge hunk of thread above. It amazes me that something so very old is totally unused, but I love it!
The old buckle above with stones missing, so lovely in it's shabby state...and the stones that are there just sparkle like crazy. The softest pink jewelry box with crushed velvet lining in the best shape for something so old....
The cutest little dolls...look at the fluffy angel wings, and her dress is amazing...the other little doll is a Nancy Ann and she has the funniest expression on her face.
A gorgeous roll of wallpaper with roses and lilacs, what could be better than that? A huge spool of nubby binding in the  perfect shade of tan, the coffee stained color I love. A gorgeous old crocheted pincushion in the prettiest pastel colors.
And a fabric covered vanity box with the prettiest roses, oh yes I've been very lucky with some great finds lately....
How about you?
How about this cigar box, that for some inexplicable reason, says Dolls on the front of it? At first I thought someone added this word later, but no, it's original to the box and it was filled with lace.
Very pretty shoe bag with clear pockets so you can see what you've stashed inside. Gorgeous chintz fabric in a purple color......
I'm taking the day off from thrifting (at least that's the plan, we'll see if I can do it!)
Hope you all have a great Tuesday my friends......

5 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Yes, I do dream of vintage and all the items you've shown. Very lovely!
~Tracie

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments. Lily Rose was so much fun! Love all you vintage finds! M.

Jamie said...

Oh yes! Always:) I love seeing the wonderful things you come across! I hope you are having a wonderful week sweetie! Love, Jamie

Kathy said...

Hi Gail, I had no plan of going out garage sailing because I saw no interesting sales, husband Marv still wanted to go and I sure was glad I went although he would have drug the dress-form home even if I stayed home as he knows how excited I get over them.I found the box that had the lamp if you still want it. ~Kathy

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh YEA I always dream of vintage! (love that question!)
Your pictures are lovely!!!!!
Love your blog too!!!!
everything vintage