Friday, March 26, 2010

Hmmmm...now this idea I like!

So I need a new light for my studio....ceiling-type light that is.  Something funky and different, because that's just me, I don't want the predictable or run-of-the-mill, know what I mean?
So I was looking at Anthropologie (who else would I look to for funky lighting?)
And saw this beauty, I guess you'd either love it or hate it, eh? Me, I love a good conversation piece, which this definitely is....now to go about re-creating it because I just don't have that extra $798 (yikes!) laying around....I'll let you know how it goes.....
wish me luck........

4 comments:

melanie said...

if anyone can recreate it...you can! you go girl! And thanks for the birthday greetings...this is the first time that I could walk down stairs to get to my computer...will be updating my blog later...hope your dd gets better soon...
its hell getting old!

Trishia said...

Gail, I've seen something similar (but different??!) -- you use an old bird cage and string those minilights all in it....We'll be waiting to see your interpration of Anthropologie's light....:)

krys kirkpatrick said...

I love this light! We, were inspired also to come up with something for huch from this idea. I did a standing lamp. I just used the frame of an old lamp and made fabric birds out of coffee dyed cotton prints and wired them to the frame. It sold the first day for 175.00. So I don't even have a picture.

Lori said...

oh, i can so see that redone...maybe using chicken wire...i love me some chicken wire...LOL...i can't wait to see what you do with this idea Gail!!!