Friday, March 19, 2010

Ugly bathroom cabinet re-do......


My daughter's bathroom has a very large storage cabinet (built-in) with 4 large drawers below it. We're lucky to have tons of storage in her bathroom, but this cabinet was totally unfinished inside, bare wood and very ugly. I decided to paint it white on Monday, but by Wednesday was realizing the folly of my ways.
The more I painted, the worse it looked....please tell me this has happened to you too!
So I decided to wallpaper the inside instead...at first trying to use my vintage wallpaper (which I have no shortage of!), but then I realized it was just too fragile for this particular project.
So I decided to use the huge pieces from the recent find at St. Vinnies, a huge Mario Buatta wallpaper sample book. These pages are not truly vintage but they look it, and are much sturdier, so I had tons of fun making over my shelves......take a look..
Sorry for the weird order of pics and text in my posts, haven't quite figured out the changes and how to upload properly yet.
Anyway, I now love opening this cupboard because I feel like I'm in a huge hat box! I also love the "anthropologie" look of it.....but most of all I love the fact that no one else in my neighborhood has a bathroom cupboard like mine. At least I'm pretty sure of that :).
What have you re-done lately?

5 comments:

Lori said...

that really looks great Gail!!! i read a few others saying something about the new blogger picture upload...my pics loaded the same as always yesterday when i did my post...how odd...but i do have to go into create a post to moderate my comments now, kind of annoying...have a great weekend!!!

Beatnheart said...

Hi! I came to visit via Charlotte's Brocante. You have a very interesting blog and I love to see the stuff you get from thrift stores. I want to shop where you go!!

Uncovered Ruby said...

Hi Gail...
I finally had a moment to wander blog land and went straight to yours! It was so fun meeting you and Melani the other day..Sally and I need to come that direction now. I've been looking at your older posts, you've got some great finds! I love thinking of all the stories behind the items, that doctor's bag is absolutely wonderful!!!
I'm going to put you on our side bar and follow you now..hope to meet up with you gals again!
Lisa :-)

Trishia said...

Please come move in with me for a week:)

Heather said...

I love how you used the different papers to collage together. It makes it so much more visually interesting and less expected.