Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July.....:)

What a fun holiday the 4th is!!!! We get to celebrate our freedom..:). This old children's book is one I've had a long time and can't even remember where I found it.....it's "for little men and women".

Look at the back! When the 4th is over I can merely turn it over for the rest of the Summer....

This is a collection of items I made last year to decorate my home with....I believe the "firecrackers" were a pattern in Country Living magazine, perhaps it's even still on their website. They were super easy to make out of old paper towel rolls.

This wooden piece I made out of old children's blocks that have the perfect worn in patina that I love...all I had to do was assemble it.....don't think I can ever sell this one!



this is the back side of it...all the words came out of a vintage children's music book.
Have a safe holiday friends!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Happy 4th of July to you, too.

I absolutely love your block creation, the worn edges are so sweet. I would never part with it, either.

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Gail,

What an absolutley sweet blog you have!!
I am also drooling over your Etsy shop as well!
I have a few favorites like the candy box you restored!!

Come on over and visit me anytime!! I will
supply chocolate!!

Hugs,

Susan