Monday, December 19, 2011

Why our Christmases are so happy!

We had just the best day today going to see Santa. Dh had an appointment this a.m. so we had to go this afternoon and by the time we got there Santa was on lunch break ( he needs his energy you know)
So we went and grabbed some sandwiches at Honeybaked Ham in our mall (highly recommend by the way) and then we got in line.
My dd is 11 and still believes. (At least that's what she tells us.)
She was really excited to see Santa and our tradition is that she tells him her 3 very most favorite wishes for Christmas. Funny thing that, she usually gets them all.....:).
Then we went shopping for her Dad and came home and wrapped gifts......I just love this time of year.
Hope you're all able to enjoy the simple moments of this season.

I think I'm doing a better job of it this year than in years past and it feels great.
It's all about family and traditions and passing those on.....
hope you all have a peaceful week.....:)

4 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

That Santa is the ben and jerrys version!
I have never seen one quite like that before!
Oh it is nice to hear that kids still believe.
It warms my heart that there is still innocence out there in children and not all have to grow up so fast.
I truly believe that is great parenting!!
Good Job Gail
Amy

Blessed Serendipity said...

Sounds like a good day today. I wish you and your family a blessed and merry Christmas.

xo,
Danielle

Recycled Rita said...

Hi Gail!
Such a precious picture!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! karen....

simmone said...

At least your dd wants a photo with Santa!Lovely pic.