Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm crushin' on this china pattern~~~~~~~~!

While on our coast vacation last year I found this huge platter at my favorite antique store in Gearhart, Yankee Trader. I fell completely head over heels in love with it which I don't normally do with china....but this pattern is special.


I love the pink rose clusters, the delicate branches, and of course, the bluebirds! I vowed to look for more. The thing is, even though this is marked on the bottom this particular manufacturer isn't that easy to figure out. It has become my fun challenge to find more pieces of this and yesterday, on Etsy of all places, I found the piece below!

Can you stand it? Can you believe how lucky I was to find this?
And it's even here in Oregon, shipping to me today.....I'm so thrilled. It's my early Mother's Day gift to myself.

On another note, I spent my afternoon yesterday making cheese enchiladas and homemade refried beans. See, my sweet MIL is from Texas and we're heading up to see her on Saturday to celebrate Mother's Day with her a day early. So she doesn't have to cook I'm bringing the food and since she's a Texan through and through she loves her mexican food! My SIL (thanks so much Heather for the tip!) told me that she loves cheese enchiladas.
I made my own enchilada sauce from scratch and it is yummy and super easy to make and oh-so-much-better than that canned stuff from the market! Trust me on that! Then I made the refried beans from scratch as well. Heavenly, they are......no comparison there either as to taste with the store bought.
Hmmmm, what can I make today?
If you'd like to know where I found my recipes I'm happy to share.

http://www.cooking-mexican-recipes.com/index.html

2 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

Beautiful pattern, Gail. Enjoy your Mother's day!!

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love your bluebird pieces Gail. I have been to that store Yankee Trader. I love that store too and guess what? I purchased some bluebird plates from that very store. I dream of going back there someday. :)

XO Danielle