Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What I like is odd........

very odd, like this old wooden time card holder. It was in a local antique mall and I let my dd know quite some time ago how very smitten I was with it. 

So every time I went to this mall I'd peek in and see if it still was there....it always was. But being a bit out of my price range I just wrote it off.

I dug these grungy old cards out of it as best I could.

You see, I was gifted this beauty for Mother's Day. As it sat in front of me folded up I had no idea on earth what it was. It looked like a huge wooden slab. It weighs about 20lbs.

I can't think of a better way to display my favorite little pieces of ephemera and pretty cards than on this. Aren't the numbers cool?



This monster is 3 feet tall....now to find a place to display it....wish me luck?

3 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

Very cool Gail. I would love to see a picture of where and how you decide to display it. Neat piece.

xo Danielle

Andy's Attic said...

What a great Mother's Day gift!! Your DD knows you well and mde sure you had what you wanted!!

Tina said...

That´s an awesome Mothers Day gift - lucky you. It´s very cool