Friday, August 23, 2013

Getting back to finding the shabby.......

I can't even begin to tell you how busy this week (right after our vacation) has been.....crazytime. I have been fulfilling orders and, well, fulfilling orders. Today I got to do some much wanted thrifting. Surprisingly I found some books......:).

Loving this Michelin guide to France.

I can't wait to explore this falling-apart book some more, it's just beautiful.

And this book, exploring three Arctic expeditions, written in 1898.....really? May need to read this one first.

This one may be my favorite. I love antique religious books, especially those I've not seen before. This one is in that category.

Amazing graphics, and someone actually used this book.

And of course, on the quest for the elusive and weird office supplies, I found this beauty. The Acme visible file, obviously an early bookkeeping or file system that could be so very useful today.
I can see putting favorite business cards in this cool folder.
What have you found today?

3 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

You really find some great books. I like the Michelin book too.

Kathy said...

Love the French travel book. I have that same German picture bible and have been slowly taking it apart and using the ages over the years. It has some really neat graphics in it. I can think of all kinds of uses for the visible file. Somebody is going to snatch that right up!

Rhonda said...

Sadly, I do most of my shopping online. I get to shop in thrift stores less and less because I truly do not have the space. I need to sell before I can start buying. Don't they know the best part is buying?? LOL

So, believe me when I say, I love looking at others finds, I really do.