Thursday, March 17, 2011

I had all but given up!!!!!!!!!!!

of ever finding this trim again....I bought it a frightfully long time ago and stuffed it away...well, it was really being used in the vintage suitcase below to prop up my dolls, along with a lot of other crochet lace and some fabric that I thought I had run out of......

so during my massive studio overhaul (yes, believe it or not it's still going on) I had to move the suitcase and I grabbed it the wrong way (thankfully!) which forced the contents to drop down further into the bag and, voila!!!, lost trim and fabric. Now I'm not sure what made me think that I would remember that I had stashed it in there, but there you have it, a sad and scary glimpse into my disheveled mind.....

you don't know how very badly I wish that this will be a lesson to remember (a place for everything and everything in it's place), but I know myself too well to hope that this will never happen again.
Nope, I know it will......

my poor dolls have no idea what happened to their home....

clearly I need to find them a better one!
oh, and happy st. patrick's day!!!!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Your lost lace story is exactly what happens to me all the time. I call it supplies reborn...they are new again...woo hoo!

Happy St. Patty's Day Gail.

Gail said...

Rhonda,
So glad I'm not alone!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Gail, That happens to me so often. Usually I find the item I'm looking for, when I give up and have to search for something totally different later. Often enough I also find things, I didn't remember I had :-).
xoxo,
Julia

melanie said...

ohhh...the cleaning parties we are having!
can you come up soon and help me with the new studio???
happy weekend!
mel

Robyn said...

Gail, you got me giggling when you called your brain a "disheveled mind", I could write that any day of the week! ...Perfect description! Glad you found some of that wonderful trim and fabric though! ...it's like a fabulous surprise! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog about Peytons sweet shoppe party. You made my day (WEEK!) I'm not a pro just an obsessive mom!

Robyn said...

BTW, I ADORE this bird clip art you have on your lovely blog template. It's gorgeous!