Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When two crazy best friends get together.....

So I've just had a whirlwind of a week so far...on Monday morning I drove up to Portland to see my best friend. We've been saving up our stashes for each other for almost a year now, unable to make it work to get together. It finally happened. I arrived at her house Monday morn and she had a "pile" of goodness for me...these aren't even all the pictures of everything....she has a new name now.
I'm gonna start calling her the "Vintage Whisperer" because this girl can find THE most awesome things out there. Check out this carry case above, it has an old pennant of my dh's alma mater so she bought it for me. Cool huh?

How about this awesome barrel that someone covered in the most luscious wallpaper?
but wait, there's more!

old drawers from a steamer trunk....there are few things I love more in this world because they are always covered with the most amazing old paper. Think what you can store in these!

gorgeous old paper, right? These make me giddy..:)


and how did she know I needed a new trash can for my studio? (it's that "vintage whisperer" thing again)

more vintage ribbon spools....

gorgeous and soft old ticking....

now this set of old wallpaper drawers I found at Monticello (because we just weren't feeling the thrifting vibe that morning)

beautiful old crochet lace from some old pillowcases (this was found at Monticello as well)

we stopped in at the Salvation Army and I found this pitcher for $1, can't even describe to you how much I love it.....


a present indeed, that's what my best friend is! Then, on the spur of the moment she decided to drive back home with me and stay over until Tuesday! Yep, we had us some fun and now she's back to work, but I just have to say what a fabulous time I had Mel!!!! Let's do it again soon....?

6 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

I am simply drooling here!
I love that Oregon State Bag!!!!
WOW that girl is a keeper of a friend indeed.
Sounds like you have had a great time.

PS are you still looking for a sewing manual.
I found the one I had.
I can email you pics if you like.

A Treasured Past said...

WOW! Everything is just gorgeous. I love the little Victorian present cup the most.

melanie said...

ok...she must really be a great friend indeed...

hee hee
had a great time!!!

Aleyta said...

What a good friend you have!!! Sounds like a lot of fun :)

Rhonda said...

Wonderful finds and that cup is to die for.
Your friend is a keeper to have a stash waiting for you, that is a great friend.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I love that Oregon bag. I would have bought that for someone I know who lives around Portland(family)

what a great friend you have and we all need them

Janice